Wargoon Flishe Watch

including the Pome of the Day Project

Tuesday, December 26, 2006

branches

ah, the tired and bumbling branches
tied onto no tree
watch them swing sway on their ice skates
bursting to be free

see the branches at street corners
rolling on their knubs
snapping with the rattling fireshine
snuggling with the cubs

branches hate expectorating
watch them in their strings
making picture frames by squaring
and other crafty things

branches off the tree and weary
looking for some meaning
wait for kindling or for kindness:
any sort of gleaning

4 Comments:

Blogger Rev. Barky said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

12:52 PM  
Blogger Rev. Barky said...

repost- sorry - critical misspell, not repairable.

Hubert, Thank-you for showing your movie.
I loved it. It was very odd and absurd and maded a definite impression. I get strange voices and ideas in my head from time to time, but this must be happening to you on a frequent basis. That's good material. I don't do much verse, but here is one that feellout of my head last year:

Sunday, April 16, 2006
Psuedo Haiku for a Non-easter Day.

I was lost,
But now I am without knowledge.
Idling in the parking lot
Of the roseville library
with agnost on my face.

12:54 PM  
Blogger hubertzork said...

I'll toast your haikuishness with some egg nogg! That you for your kind words about our favorite cannibal, Wargoon Flishe.

5:24 PM  
Blogger hubertzork said...

I meant "Thank you." (see above) That's another critical misspell.

5:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home