Wargoon Flishe Watch

including the Pome of the Day Project

Thursday, June 22, 2006

radio breakfast

i walked into the diner
and sat at a counter chair
the sound of broadcast music
painted patterns in the air
the cook, the waitress, customers
they all had gone away
so the radio cooked me breakfast
at the greasy spoon cafe

who knows where all the others went
it wasn't plain to see
it's like they all had gone and left
the whole cafe to me
but i ate up like anybody
could or would or should
for the radio cooked me breakfast
and the food was mighty good

i read the paper as i ate
the news was pretty bad
and when i finished eating i said
what a nice time i had
no human being answered back
but that's no mystery
for the radio cooked me breakfast
and the salt shaker poured my tea

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home